The TORCS Racing Board
Username: Password: Remember Me?
Lost Password Register
Author: firechief | Created: 2016-06-28 03:30:20
Subject: Forza Review and Corkscrew Predictions
This was actually far less processional than I've seen in previous races on this track. As usual, here's my pictorial journal of the race as I saw it...

http://imgur.com/a/xEiX4

If the DanDroids gain just a little more speed they'll be a real threat this year, they're extremely solid now in a race & lose very little time getting stuck behind slower cars, which was their weakness back in 2015.

But Corkscrew will certainly put that to the test, especially if certain robots remain difficult to overlap & dangerous to drive alongside on the inside lane approaching a corner.

The physics change this year will be quite noticeable on this track, especially at the corkscrew bend where the sudden elevation changes will cause problems - and to make it worse, that part of the track probably affords the best overtaking opportunities, so cars will be going into the corkscrew off their racing line & braking late. This race is going to be interesting :)
Last Edited: 2016-06-28 12:36:28 by firechief
    Author: dummy | Created: 2016-06-28 08:42:30
    Subject: Re: Forza Review and Corkscrew Predictions
    Thanks Andrew for the review. The Droids looked very good in your race, but the reality is that we have still a lot of work to do to catch up. As you said the speed is certainly something that should be addressed, but it's easier said than done :)
    Last Edited: 2016-06-28 08:42:30 by dummy
      Author: firechief | Created: 2016-06-28 08:59:27
      Subject: Re: Forza Review and Corkscrew Predictions
      Indeed, its not easy to get that extra second or half second of laptime.

Also its worth noting that I couldn't make the car3 drive any faster than you've done - the physics changes in this version of TORCS have made some cars faster than they used to be, and others are less so now. That's why I chose the cars that I did for my USR/Hymie robots. Even the car5 & car8 I assigned to the mouse teams are quite competitive with car3 now, whereas they certainly weren't last year.
      Last Edited: 2016-06-28 08:59:27 by firechief