The TORCS Racing Board
Username: Password: Remember Me?
Lost Password Register
Author: firechief | Created: 2016-07-19 09:41:04
Subject: Corkscrew Review, E-Track-6 Predictions
As per usual, here is my photo diary of the race: http://imgur.com/a/2wTki

Browsing through the raw results I noticed that the Wolves are performing a lot better for W-D than for the rest of us, which makes me wonder if we received his most up-to-date setup for this race.

For E-Track-6 I can make the following confident predictions:-

1. The lap record will NOT be broken.

2. JDI will continue to improve and move up through the field, as he should now be realizing just how good the car2 is with the current TORCS physics. I predict he'll finish ahead of at least one of the "mouse" teams.

3. Danny will make a breakthrough & find an extra half second to leap ahead of Hymie, perhaps even USR.
Last Edited: 2016-07-19 09:41:04 by firechief
    Author: dummy | Created: 2016-07-19 17:18:10
    Subject: Re: Corkscrew Review, E-Track-6 Predictions
    Thanks Andrew. A very good race indeed. Still the same outcome though :)

>its speculated that the Droid team sent some engineers past the USR garage
    That's speculation indeed. Or did USR's engineers somehow check the setups of the Droids?

>Daneel rubbing salt into the wound of the Droids
    It doesn't hurt anymore. By now they are very used to this feeling.

>a huge honorable mention goes to JDI
    I couldn't agree more. JeDI starts warming up ;)

Predictions:
    >1. The lap record will NOT be broken.
    I could have predicted this one as well.

>3. Danny will make a breakthrough
    Now that puts some pressure on me. I hope some breakthrough comes before the end of the season to start next season more competitive.
    Last Edited: 2016-07-19 17:18:10 by dummy
      Author: firechief | Created: 2016-07-19 17:27:38
      > That's speculation indeed. Or did USR's engineers somehow check the setups of the Droids?

Well, as the Droids used the same setup the USR cars took to the previous race at Forza ... folks can make up their own mind ;)

Not that there's anything wrong with that of course, as while the rules prohibit copying of code, they say nothing about setups. I of course will be watching carefully to see if you make enhancements to my setup concept.
      Last Edited: 2016-07-19 17:27:38 by firechief
        Author: dummy | Created: 2016-07-19 18:27:51
        >the rules prohibit copying of code

Is it a copy only when it's the same code or is the copying the concept also prohibited? And if so who knows if the same concept wasn't independently discovered?

That's a rule I would remove completely.
        Last Edited: 2016-07-19 18:27:51 by dummy
          Author: firechief | Created: 2016-07-20 00:08:29
          Its in the Gentleman's Agreement section, and states "Do not 'steal' code of the other robots during the championship".

To me that seems pretty explicit - don't copy & paste. If you understand the concept of what a competitor is doing & implement it in your own way, I don't think that would be a problem.
          Last Edited: 2016-07-20 00:08:29 by firechief
    Author: jisham | Created: 2016-07-20 13:59:45
    Thanks for the high praise. Most of the credit goes to wdbee, as the code I'm using is almost stock wdbee code from 2008. All I'm doing is tuning the car.

The new physics has made for a bit of a challengetrying to re-tune the car. Now I guess I can't complain about the car anymore, and only have myself to blame, and worse... a taste that it could be a good car... off to tune, I smell success :-) (or at least progress).
    Last Edited: 2016-07-20 13:59:45 by jisham