The TORCS Racing Board
Username: Password: Remember Me?
Lost Password Register
Author: trbadmin | Created: 2017-03-19 21:02:26
Subject: [Racers read!] Endrace result file cannot be submitted under certain conditions
Hi racers

As you might have recognized there is a new option in the result submission to generate a race configuration file. If you use this race configuration "directly" your result will not get accepted by the TRB. The problem is that it does not resolve the module indices correctly, e.g. you will see a driver list like this in the result file:
<section name="Drivers">
<section name="1">
<attstr name="dll name" val="berniw_2004"/>
<attnum name="index" val="0"/>
</section>
<section name="2">
<attstr name="dll name" val="berniw_2004"/>
<attnum name="index" val="0"/>
</section>
</section>

As you can see the index is "0" in both cases, which is wrong. So please use this workaround till TORCS 1.3.8 gets out (I have to fix this in TORCS, the problem is not the TRB):
- If you want to use the generated race configuration file start the process as usual.
- BUT: do not start the race directly. Go first to the GUI and navigate through the race configuration (Race->Endurance Race->Configure->Accept->Accept), this will bring it in a workable state.

Kind regards

Bernhard
Last Edited: 2017-03-19 21:39:01 by trbadmin
    Author: berniw | Created: 2017-03-23 13:37:17
    Subject: Re: [Racers read!] Endrace result file cannot be submitted under certain conditions
    Update: Problem is fixed in the CVS Version.

Kind regards

Bernhard
    Last Edited: 2017-03-23 13:37:17 by berniw
      Author: alassio | Created: 2017-03-24 08:34:31
      Subject: Re: [Racers read!] Endrace result file cannot be submitted under certain conditions
      Sorry to ask, but this is totally new for me:
      Is there somewhere a description how this works for racers?
      What needs to be done to be TRB compliant, how to setup the racing environment, how to submit race results etc ... ?

Thanks for clarification for newbies

Regards, Rico
      Last Edited: 2017-03-24 08:34:31 by alassio