The TORCS Racing Board
Username: Password: Remember Me?
Lost Password Register
Author: phi | Created: 2017-07-08 16:12:41
Subject: Qualification Times
Hi all

I have recently noticed (in qualification window) that some cars do not finish their three qualifying laps and have zero time. Generally, this usually happens at the beginning of the second lap, but sometimes it seems that the car does not even give one single lap (the messages are extremely fast and I do not follow them well): instead of continuing with the remaining laps, TORCS will pick up the next car from the list and give the previous one as having completed its qualification. Klin is an example of this situation: in E-Track 3 TORCS interrupts him in the second lap and gives him zero seconds, although in 'Practice' mode he obtains a valid time in three laps (only the first lap is invalid).

Has anyone else noticed this? Is everything OK, and is just something that is escaping me?

PS: What's strange about the Klin case is that if I slightly decreased its acceleration it will get a valid time in E-Track 3 -- the first lap continues invalid.

Thanks
Last Edited: 2017-07-08 16:12:41 by phi
    Author: firechief | Created: 2017-07-08 17:18:52
    Subject: Re: Qualification Times
    Firstly, TORCS does run all 3 laps in qualifying, every time - it doesn't cancel them. If a car's not recording a time, its because its either exceeding track limits or touching a wall, both of which will invalidate a lap.

I can't comment further on what's happening with your robot as I haven't seen it in action. But I'd check to see if its loading the same setup XMLs in qualifying as it is in practice, and that both modes are using Pro & not Semi-Pro.
    Last Edited: 2017-07-08 17:20:27 by firechief
      Author: phi | Created: 2017-07-08 19:28:24
      Subject: Re: Qualification Times
      I remembered seeing the qualifying in normal mode, and I noticed that one of the Klin cars gets blocked and does not end. Everything is OK. Thanks Andrew.
      Last Edited: 2017-07-08 19:28:24 by phi