The TORCS Racing Board
Username: Password: Remember Me?
Lost Password Register
Author: firechief | Created: 2017-08-07 02:48:03
Subject: Hideous Valley Race Review
Not sure what everyone else saw in their races, but mine started off with a flurry of activity then gradually settled down - not a lot of action in the second half, despite half the field finishing on the lead lap.

One thing I did notice was that a gap of 10 seconds, which doesn't seem like much, was quite difficult to bridge even for a slightly faster car. I was amazed at how close our cars were, laptime-wise, given that none of us had a benchmark to measure by. Can only assume the racing will be even closer in future races. Also this track really exposed any flaws in a robot, either race-pace wise, or ability to navigate traffic without going off track. Heavy-handed jerks on the steering were often enough to send a car into the gravel - I attribute that to the lack of grip.

Anyway, as per tradition I've put together my photo-diary of the race:-

http://imgur.com/a/Vly5A
Last Edited: 2017-08-07 10:50:06 by firechief
    Author: dummy | Created: 2017-08-08 14:27:24
    Subject: Re: Hideous Valley Race Review
    Thanks Andrew. I thoroughly enjoyed the racing on this track, there was plenty of wheel to wheel stuff. And it's only going to be better and better, looking forward to the future :)
    Last Edited: 2017-08-08 14:27:24 by dummy
      Author: firechief | Created: 2017-08-21 06:32:20
      Been rather quiet in here lately. I presume everyone's been too busy preparing for Brondehach & has no time for typing nonsense on forums...
      Last Edited: 2017-08-21 06:32:20 by firechief
        Author: dummy | Created: 2017-08-21 11:50:32
        What? Brondehach is already coming? Thanks Andrew, I better start working on it now :)

I guess you're wrong. It's holiday season in the northern hemisphere, so no one is really working. I don't expect much progress from anyone, nothing to fear for you in this race ;)
        Last Edited: 2017-08-21 11:50:32 by dummy
          Author: firechief | Created: 2017-08-21 14:03:56
          Heh, I created most of my setups for the season during summer here, shortly before Tim visited. Apart from small tweaks here & there I'm not really doing much at all now, I really am too busy ... which means USR is totally vulnerable if someone wanted to lift their game & challenge for wins ;)
          Last Edited: 2017-08-21 14:03:56 by firechief