The TORCS Racing Board
Username: Password: Remember Me?
Lost Password Register
Author: dummy | Created: 2019-08-26 08:23:00
Subject: E-Track-3 discussion
Congratulations Andrew. Now we can see what was missing in the first races :)

And I noticed that JSR and Wdbee behaved very nice, when getting lapped this time. Really good racing.

EDIT: At this rate USRobotics may end up in 2nd place for the championship :)
Last Edited: 2019-08-26 08:29:30 by dummy
    Author: firechief | Created: 2019-08-26 08:31:54
    Subject: Re: E-Track-3 discussion
    Thanks Danny! Was surprised to get the win, especially once I saw how quick wdbee was - the laptime W-D achieved is nothing short of amazing.

Robotec also did very well, much better than its showing at Brondehach. Seemed far more stable on track and less liable to make mistakes, whereas I saw the RatMobiles flying off the outside of corners on quite a few occasions, one of which led to Bobbin's elimination in my race.

It's always interesting racing at a new track, and e-track-3 certainly proved its value in the TRB. It's exceptionally well designed with its combination of interesting slope changes and variation of corner speeds. Also the hard braking area at the end of the main straight compared to the high-speed tightening curve ending the back straight - that was a nice touch.

On a personal note, I've been forced to go looking for work as the startup company that employs me is going backwards rather than forwards, and I have no desire to go down with a sinking ship! I'm hoping this doesn't take away the time I need to prepare for the next race, but we'll see I guess. If anyone knows of any interesting Product Analyst / Technical Product Manager jobs going, please think of me :D
    Last Edited: 2019-08-26 11:40:53 by firechief
      Author: timfoden | Created: 2019-08-27 11:35:00
      Subject: Re: E-Track-3 discussion
      Congratulations for the win.

The RatMobiles were just too slow and erratic. I didn't have much time at all to prepare for this race, and none of my pre-race testing showed up the tendency for off track excursions in the places I observed repeatedly during the race. I'm thankful that they did as well as they did, frankly. :)
      Last Edited: 2019-08-27 11:35:00 by timfoden