The TORCS Racing Board
Username: Password: Remember Me?
Lost Password Register
Author: firechief | Created: 2019-10-11 12:53:24
Subject: New Track in the works
I know I've promised this kind of thing before. Usually I play around with a layout, get myself hyped up, then realise it's not actually that good and give up on it.

I quite like this one though. It's pretty fast, some Spa-like sections, nice elevation changes, with enough slower corners to keep the driver/robot honest. I went for a wider track than most (14m, most of our tracks are 12m or less) as I wanted the opportunity for different racing lines leading to interesting overtakes, especially with the amount of slipstreaming that should be possible here.

The graphics are just default so it's pretty ugly in this video, but please let me know what you think of the layout. If any changes are needed, now's the time to make them :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifaiqy2UNes
Last Edited: 2019-10-11 12:53:24 by firechief
    Author: dummy | Created: 2019-10-11 18:21:31
    Subject: Re: New Track in the works
    This track looks promising to me. It's like no other track we have so far and we need more fast tracks in my opinion. And this pit wall, it's a monster :)

BTW, did I see a mouse on this pit door?
    Last Edited: 2019-10-11 18:21:31 by dummy
      Author: firechief | Created: 2019-10-12 01:23:05
      Heh, the pit wall too is just a placeholder. I did want the main straight to have grandstands etc nice and close, hence no runoff areas - it should feel like driving down a tunnel :)

Yep I used Mouse as it's extremely quick without any setup. No point wasting time trying to get USR running on the track, or even worse, driving on it myself!
      Last Edited: 2019-10-12 01:23:05 by firechief
    Author: wdbee | Created: 2019-10-20 22:39:05
    Hi Andrew,

again a track a car6 will not be able to win a race on, much to much fast sections ;).

But there is another bug: The end of the pitlane is much to short, the cars cannot get the speed to not stop other cars driving at the straight.

BTW: Is the segments length matching n * PitLength? And how big is the remaining error closing the track, better than wheel-2?

Cheers

Wolf-Dieter
    Last Edited: 2019-10-20 22:39:05 by wdbee
    Author: xethis | Created: 2020-04-12 07:05:59
    I just discover this track and it looks amazing! Can I test it?
    Last Edited: 2020-04-12 07:05:59 by xethis