The TORCS Racing Board
Username: Password: Remember Me?
Lost Password Register
Author: speedychonchon | Created: 2019-10-22 10:09:43
Subject: SpeedyBots at Monza
Hello racers !

I had no time to train the SpeedyBots for the Forza race. I wanted to unsubscribe the team this week-end, but I didn't even find any time to connect to do it.

Feel free to run the race without Speedybots.

I'm sorry.

Speedy
Last Edited: 2019-10-22 10:09:43 by speedychonchon
    Author: wdbee | Created: 2019-10-22 17:33:47
    Subject: Re: SpeedyBots at Monza
    Hi Speedy,

just watched my version of the race. The SpeedyBots did drive well even while pitting. Other racers did not setup their second teams as well but they caused a lot of damage. The rule "It is not allowed to drive through the pit of other teams!" seems to be unknown to many racers ;). The top nonsense was to park in opposite of the pit lane and then cross the track when faster opponents came around the corner. May be the driver had to look up the number of the pit he should use in the printed race instructions?

Hope to see you at the track next time again

Wolf-Dieter

Last Edited: 2019-10-22 17:34:41 by wdbee
      Author: dummy | Created: 2019-10-22 18:30:51
      >"It is not allowed to drive through the pit of other teams!"
      I plead guilty. I have too many teams to handle, sorry about that :)

EDIT: In my tests I always had the first pit and had no problems pitting.
      Setting the pit entry margin in Robotec and Autobot xmls to 150 or 200 should solve the problem, if you wish to see a more normal race.

EDIT2: My bots seem to be unable to enter the pit with any xml settings, if it's not the first pit. Did I already mention, how much I like implementing pit stops ;)
      Last Edited: 2019-10-22 21:23:33 by dummy
        Author: wdbee | Created: 2019-10-23 06:47:40
        You are not the only one having a team that cannot pit at all tracks ;).
        And to be honest, the pit entry and exit of most tracks is designed in a bad way. The designers do not have in mind, that they should select the side of pitlane and position and length of entry and exit carefully to minimize crashes.
        Last Edited: 2019-10-23 06:47:40 by wdbee